mercoledì 22 agosto 2007

Following dreams

Last night I was surfing the web, as ever, looking for nothing when I had the idea of take a look at the price of house rents in Milan.

Mr. Mind: hey! Dude... wake up! Instead to waste your time doing nothing what do you think about looking for houses in Milan?

Me: mmm...I don't know...

Mr. Mind: Come on man... it could be funny...

Me: well...OK let's get started.

-- After a while --

Me: hey take a look!

"For rent new beautiful flat near Bovisa Politecnico (10 minutes
walk). 45 mq for one/two students ideal for one year of Erasmus. 700
euro + maintenance fees"

Mr. M.: 700E? Are you crazy?

Me: but it's near to the University and you know I could share it with
Salvo.

Mr M.: let me think 45/2=22.5... it's an arse hole.

Me: oh sure! Give me the phone maybe Letizia will rent me the
Sforzesco Castle!! what do you expect?

Mr.M: you wanna let me leave here our HOME for what? a arse hole in one of the most pollute city of the country and for what?

Me: Following a dream?

Mr.M: Men don't live of dreams... I do it and that's why it could be a wonderful house... but keep in mind that less space == less privacy if you live with another person. don't be lazy... take a look at the next one...

Me: I am not LAZY. It's near the University so I won't spent too much time on public transports and I have more time to study.

Mr Mind:...

Me: take a look at that... I think we could effort this...

Mr Mind: Oh sure... we can...

Me: that's the one so...

Mr M.: but you haven't keep in regard the bus or train pass, haven't you?

Me: what?

Mr M.: hellooo! it's in Varese!

Me: ops... :) sorry it's late we have been looking house ads for two hours... be patient

Mr.M.: look at this instead...it's a room in a flat
80Mq (320E), Internet connection, 7Th flor with elevator

Me: it's a bit far... but near there is a subway station...yep it could be a good solution... and this too look

Mr.M.: the last one is perfect 4Km from the University!! this is the ONE!

Me: Perfect! We found it...now we miss only one thing...

Mr.M.: what?

Me: the DEGREE!

Mr.M: OK I guess it's time to go bed! Good Night

8 commenti:

Bra ha detto...

Really funny.
But don't forget: to live in a big city is a great benefit and gives numerous opportunities (not only for your study!), so the wide or short distance from University isn't the main thing, believe me!

P.s. To live in Milan couldn't be a dream for me, only a nightmare.

Silvia ha detto...

It seems like one of my inner monologues :) ...
after i lived some years in Naples i've understood that "big city life",in general, is not for me;
on my opinion,it could be a good experience for a limited period...

nvm ha detto...

@bra: I'll keep it in mind

@silvia: I don't think I'll spend the rest of my life there... maybe it's just another port of a long cruise.

Anonimo ha detto...

And in case and whenever you get serious about moving to Milano, don't miss the chance to chat to someone who already lives there (guess who! :) ). Finding rents here can be dreadful, indeed.

Bra ha detto...

Ehi, where are you? Are you still following that?

A ha detto...

Hi Nvm!
I'm back!

"big city life"... Brrrr!
I hate it. In particular I hate Rome...
I don't like to spend the better part of my life between cement buildings, and urban traffic.

=D Small city is better!

Bye

Ps
My english it's bad =(

Aldievel ha detto...

Ooops...
Sorry. My English is bad. :(

nvm ha detto...

@all: I am very sorry but in the last weeks I studied hard for one of my last exams and I haven't had the time for reply to your comment and read your blogs. BTW I'll make up for lost time.

@anja: thank you dear! I will.

@aldievel: neither mine is perfect. don't mind about that :)